Wednesday 11 February 2015

Battle for Terra


A peaceful alien planet, with a sentient tadpole-like species, living in tall mushroom like trees high above ground level, in the clouds, faces annihilation, as the homeless remainder of the human race sets its sights on Terra. Mala a rebellious Terrian teenager will bravely do everything she can to try and stop them. When the Earthlings embark on a hostile invasion of Terra, Mala’s father Roven is kidnapped. Hoping to save her father, Mala captures and hides a crashed human pilot named Jim. While Mala nurses Jim back to health, the two forge a friendship and a plan that could save both, the human race and the Planet Terra. However, they soon realise that peace will not be secured unless they can combat both, the Terraformer machine and the Earthlings dark political forces that will stop at nothing in their drive to achieve power for power’s sake. This is a story of friendship, family, sacrifice and the realisation that all of our survival relies on our earth’s precious natural resources.

Terrain scientist
Terrain 2
Professor Lina
General Hemmer
Giddy
Interrogator Wright
Colonel wheeler
Stewart Stanton
Doron
President Chen
Elder Orin
Tulo
Tumi


SCENE
LITTLE VILLAGE STREET HIGH ABOVE IN THE CLOUDS.
TOY MAKER:
Cloud sailers. New toy! Cloud Sailers.
TERRIAN1:
(COLLECTING HONEY IN A BUCKET FROM A FLOWER)
ROVEN:
Sora, Tumi welcome.
SORA:
Roven, Tumi’s still sick.
ROVEN:
Let’s have a look. (EXIT ROVEN SORA TUMI)
QUEEN:
(ELDER LADY GOES BY IN HER CHARIOT. NODS AT ROVEN)
ROVEN:
(NODS IN RESPONSE. EXIT)
TERRIAN KID:
Present.
TEACHER:
Kima?
KIMA:
Present.
TEACHER:
Tulo?
TULO:
Present.
TEACHER:
Tumi?
TUMI:
Present.
TEACHER:
Senn? Senn? Mala? Mala? (SIGHS) Classic Mala.
ALL:
(EXIT CLASSROOM)
MALA:
(ENTER ON HER WOODEN FLYING MACHINE RESEMBLES A HAND GLIDER)
Come on, Senn! It’s only a race if you keep up.
SENN:
(ENTER ON HIS WOODEN FLYING MACHINE RESEMBLING  A HAND GLIDER)
Is it my fault you keep cheating?
MALA:
I don’t cheat. Not all the time. Bye!
SENN:
Great! Alright. Very funny, where are you?
MALA:
(LAUGHS)
SENN:
That was really funny. You got me… again.
MALA:
Do you hear that? I think it’s coming from right below… us!
SKY WHALE:
(ENTER)
SENN:
What!
MALA:
See? She doesn’t think much of your flying, either.
SENN, MALA:
Beautiful.
SKY WHALE:
(EXIT)
MALA:
Are you thinking what I’m thinking?
SENN:
Turn around and go home? Hey, Mala? Mala? Probably not a…
MALA:
A wind tunnel!
SENN:
Mala, pull up! The wind tunnel will draw you in and blast you out. You will crash!
MALA:
(GETTING SUCKED INTO THE WIND TUNNEL) Senn, throw the anchor!
SENN:
Mala!
MALA:
Come on! Come on!
SENN:
(RESCUES MALA) Are you thinking what I’m thinking now? ‘Cause clearly it’s time to go back. Mala where are you going? Are you crazy?
(A BOUDARY MADE UP OF A GROUP OF STATUES)
Mala you know this place is forbidden. Wasn’t the wind tunnel enough? And the huge crazy sky whale?
MALA:
(TURNING HER SHIP AROUND)
SENN:
Finally, you’ve come to your senses. Let’s go back now, ok?
MALA:
(SKY DARKENS) Senn?
SENN:
What is this enormous shadow that sweeps across the clouds? It almost completely blocks out the light of the sun. (EXIT SENN, MALA)
VILLAGERS:
(ENTER)
TUMI:
Mom, what’s that huge object that has appeared in the sky?
TUMI’S MOM:
Tumi go inside.
TERRIAN3:
A new god!
TERRIAN4:
A new god in the sky.
ELDER:
Go home. The elders will check on you.
TERRIAN6:
Keep moving. Move along. Go home.
ELDER:
All is well.
ORIN:
It has begun.
TERRIAN CRAFT:
(PATROLLING THE VILLAGE)
Is everyone safe here? Is there anything that you need? (CURTAIN)

SCENE
MALA’S HOUSE.
MALA:
(LAYING THE TABLE) So, you think it’s a god? It could be one of those large rocks. The kind that fall from the sky from time to time.
ROVEN:
It will be whatever the elders tell us it is.
MALA:
I bet I could see what it is. I bet I could make something to help me look closer.
ROVEN:
Mala you know that’s forbidden.
MALA:
But why? It wouldn’t hurt anybody.
ROVEN:
Inventions that are not approved by the elders are against our teachings.
MALA:
Then maybe our teachings are wrong.
ROVEN:
Mala! Go to your room. Right now.
MALA:
(SIGHS. EXIT STAGE)
ROVEN:
(CLEARS THE TABLE. EXIT)
MALA:
(ENTER. STANDS AT THE WINDOW) It’s getting closer.
(PULLS OUT HER TOOL BOX AND GETS TO WORK ON THE TABLE. ASSEMBLING AND GRINDING AWAY. BUILDS A TELESCOPE. LOOKS THROUGH IT) What is that? No! Sound the alarm! Everyone take cover!
ROVEN:
Mala?
MALA:
(SHOUTING FROM THE WINDOW)
Everyone get to your homes. They are attacking us with fire balls.
What is that? (EXIT)
ROVEN:
Mala where are you? (EXIT)

SCENE
VILLAGE STREET.
ROVEN:
Mala!
VILLAGERS:
(ALL STARING AT THE SKY)
TERRIAN1:
It’s a miracle! They are gods!
TERRIAN3:
Yes. Take me.
ROVEN:
No, wait! Mala!
TERRIAN4:
Over here! You see that?
TERRIAN5:
Where are you? I am ready!
TUMI’S MUM:
Tumi! Tumi, where are you?
TERRIAN1:
I am ready! I knew this day would come.
TERRIAN3:
Take me! Over here!
ALIEN CRAFT1:
(ENTER METALLIC FIGHTER CRAFT)
TERRIAN2:
Mommy? Mommy? Mom, where are you?
TERRIAN3:
Take me! (ALIEN CRAFT THROWS OUT A NET AND GRABS TERRIAN1 AND 3)
SENN:
(ENTER) Oh no!
ROVEN:
(ENTER) Everyone please! Where’s my daughter?
ALIEN CRAFT2:
(ENTER)
ROVEN:
Mala?
MALA:
(ENTER) Father. I’m coming! Father, look out!
ALIEN CRAFT2:
(ALIEN CRAFT THROWS OUT A NET AND GRABS ROVEN)
MALA:
No! Please! Let him go! Take me! It’s my fault! Please!
TERRIAN4:
Take me! Over here!
MALA:
Please! Fine. I’ll do it my way (EXIT)
ALL:
(EXIT ALL VILLAGERS)
MALA:
(ENTER ON HER GLIDER. SHE TRIES TO ATTRACT THE ATTENTION OF ONE OF THE FIGHTERS BY FLYING IN FRONT OF IT IN HER GLIDER. MALA MANEUVRES THE FIGHTER OUT OF THE CITY AND IN FRONT OF THE TUNNEL. THE ALIEN SHIP CRASHES)

SCENE
THE WIND TUNNEL.
MALA:
(ENTER)
PILOT:
(POINTING A GUN AT MALA) Stay where you are. Get away from me…
(BEGINNING TO LOSE CONSCIOUSNESS) … you monster.
MALA:
(LEANS OVER THE UNMOVING BODY)
Huh! (SCARED. DRAGS THE BODY. EXIT WITH PILOT)

SCENE
VILLAGE STREET
GUARD1:
Please remain in your homes! Please remain in your homes!
GUARD2:
Remain in your homes for the time being. Everything is under control. Stay home!
DORON:
(TO MALA) Are you okay? Where’s Roven?
MALA:
He was taken by the gods. Please Doron, we have to help him.
DORON:
They are not gods. They are invaders, pretenders. Dangerous.
MALA:
What about my father? How will we get him back?
DORON:
We will do the best we can Mala. For now, stay inside.


SCENE
MALA’S HOUSE. PILOT LIES UNCONSCIOUS.
MALA:
(LOOKING AT THE DEVICE ON HIS BELT)
GIDDY:
(ENTER SMALL ROBOT) Don’t touch that!
(TO PILOT) Lieutenant Stanton, speak to me. Are you still operational?
MALA:
(SWINGS AT THE ROBOT WITH HER BROOM. CHASES IT AROUND THE ROOM)
GIDDY:
Stop it! Now now, there’s no need for violence. Can’t we communicate verbally?
MALA:
You speak our language? How?
GIDDY:
I have been programmed with the basic forms of your vernacular, yes.
MALA:
Does he speak our language?
GIDDY:
What? No-no, now listen…
MALA:
I need to talk to him. Can you teach me his language?
GIDDY:
Priorities first, he’s dying.
MALA:
Teach me or I won’t help.
GIDDY:
Lieutenant Stanton won’t like this. I will look into your eyes and upload the relevant information directly into your brain. Hold still now don’t blink.
(STARES INTO MALA’S EYES)
MALA:
My head. It’s full of words. What language is this? How did you do that?
GIDDY:
A simple organic data download. Now please, you must help or he will die.
MALA:
Where do I begin?
GIDDY:
Lieutenant Stanton requires oxygen, a gaseous chemical element. Colourless, odourless, tasteless. Vital for respiration.  We need to seal this room and construct an air generator. We must identify an oxygen-gathering plant and incorporate it into an assembly. Please gather all available plant life.
MALA, GIDDY:
(GATHER ALL THE PLANT POTS THEY CAN FIND IN THE HOUSE)
GIDDY:
(SCANS PLANT) Negative for oxygen.
(SCANS ANOTHER PLANT) Negative for oxygen.
JIM:
(COUGHS)
GIDDY:
Hurry, he’s beginning to suffocate. The gauge on his belt is almost empty. Please initiate the procedure.
GIDDY:
(SCANS ANOTHER PLANT) Positive!
GIDDY, MALA:
(WORK FAST TO CONSTRUCT A TEMPORARY TENT)
JIM:
(BREATHES EASY)
GIDDY:
We did it!
JIM:
(SITTING UP) What the… Giddy? Where am I?
GIDDY:
In a dwelling used by the natives of this world.
PILOT:
Am I a prisoner?
GIDDY:
I would say more like a guest.
PILOT:
Then let’s not overstay our welcome. Get me Earth Force.
GIDDY:
Negative, my transmitter is damaged.
PILOT:
Great. The ship. How’s my ship?
GIDDY:
Neutronic conductor overloaded, stabilising gears fractured.
PILOT:
Yeah. But can she fly?
GIDDY:
Negative.
PILOT:
(LOOKS AT MALA) Giddy, it’s one of them.
GIDDY:
This female’s parental unit was taken by our scout ships.
MALA:
My name is Mala. Can you help me save my father?
PILOT:
It speaks our language?!
MALA:
Giddy taught me your language.
PILOT:
You taught it? Hey Giddy I never authorised that.
GIDDY:
My apologies but it was hard for you to issue the proper authorisation… due to your… asphyxiation.
PILOT:
Are… are you being sarcastic?
GIDDY:
Impossible Sir. That is not a feature of my programming.
PILOT:
What’s that sound? (LOOKING OUT OF THE WINDOW) A rescue mission.
MALA:
Bring my father home, please!
PILOT:
(RUSHES OUT OF THE TENT TO THE DOOR)
GIDDY:
Lieutenant Stanton! Jim! Come inside.
PILOT:
Stop! (WAVING OUT THE DOOR)
GIDDY:
Your lungs can only withstand this atmosphere for approximately 27.6 seconds, give or take.
PILOT:
(WAVING TO AIRCRAFT) Hurry! I can’t breathe.
MALA:
Oh no!
PILOT:
(SUCCUMBS TO THE EFFECT OF TERRA’S ATMOSPHERE. PASSES OUT)
MALA, GIDDY:
(DRAG HIM BACK INTO THE TENT)
GIDDY:
Please forgive him, he is frightened.
MALA:
I, scare him?
GIDDY:
Everything different scares them.
MALA:
They never should have left home.
GIDDY:
I regret to say they have no choice. They had a world, Earth. A planet of plenty but not without its limits. Eventually humans exhausted their world’s natural resources. Two neighbouring planets, Mars and Venus, were terraformed. A terraforming unit produces oxygen when implanted on a planet. Colonies were established. Two centuries later, the colonies demanded independence. It meant war.
MALA:
War.
GIDDY:
All three planets were destroyed. Everything was destroyed. The survivors had only one choice. To travel beyond their solar system to the nearest life-supporting planet they could find.  The journey lasted them several generations and led them here. They named this planet Terra.
MALA:
(CONSTRUCTS A SMALL ROTATING MODEL OF THE EARTH AND IT’S MOON)
PILOT:
(REGAINS CONSCIOUNESS)
MALA:
(GIVING HIM WHAT SHE MADE) Your home?
PILOT:
You made this? For me? (STUDYING IT) Synchronous rotations, balance in the focal points. This is really good. Where did you learn to do this?
MALA:
All I did was put the pieces together, they felt right.
PILOT:
You’re a natural! Synchronous rotations. Stabilising gears fractured! You can… help me repair the ship and I’ll take you to your father. Deal?
(THEY SHAKE HANDS)
GIDDY:
Mala, you better get busy building a respirator mask to breathe in an oxygen atmosphere. Lieutenant Stanton needs to refill his oxygen supply and we need to get to ship and start on the repairs.
ALL:
(WORKING)
GIDDY:
According to my holographic blueprint, this device meets all required specifications for space travel, approximately.
PILOT:
Well it’s not exactly titanium but if this thing holds, I can go home.
MALA:
Remember we have a deal.
ALL:
(CONTINUE WORKING)
PILOT:
Earth Force recruited me when I was eight. They recruit every kid on the Ark. Intensive training, hand-to-hand combat, flight simulation. Be prepared, always on the ready. The best, the finest, the last line of defence. You wouldn’t understand. You only know peace. (A KNOCK IS HEARD)
MALA:
(ANSWERS THE DOOR) Senn! What are you…?
SENN:
I had to see you. You’ve locked yourself up for a week. What’s going on?
MALA:
Huh?
SENN:
Look, I know how you must feel but I miss you.
MALA:
I miss you too. I just… need a little time. Please go.
SENN:
Mala the ceremony of life has started. Are we still going together? (A WHIRRING SOUND IS HEARD) What’s that noise? Did you make a new toy for Tuki?
MALA:
Senn, wait.
SENN:
(ENTERS THE HOUSE) I knew you were working on something.
PILOT:
(BATTLE READY ATTACKS SENN)
SENN:
Mala run!
MALA:
Stop! Stop! You’ll kill him!
PILOT:
I’ll take him…
MALA:
No! I’m okay. Please listen, Senn.
SENN:
It’s one of them!
MALA:
I know.
SENN:
What? You know?
PILOT:
We can’t let him go.
MALA:
He’s my friend!
PILOT:
He’ll betray us.
MALA:
(FIRMLY) That’s enough!
SENN:
Mala, what… what have you done?
MALA:
He said he would save my father. Senn. Senn!
SENN:
(EXITS)
PILOT:
She protected us Giddy. She defended us against her own kind.
GIDDY:
‘She’? You said ‘she’ not ‘it’.
MALA:
We have to go, he’ll be back… with company. (CURTAIN)

SCENE
THE COCKPIT OF JIM’S VESSEL. THE TRIO.
MALA:
The elders say a long time ago, we were apart from nature. We almost died. But now we’re together, forever in life.
PILOT:
Fascinating. I guess our species have more in common than we thought.
(SHIP RATTLES) You can do it. Come on. Hold it together. Come on baby, come on.
MALA:
Not good?
PILOT:
No. Very not good. What the… uh-oh! Hold tight ok? This could be a bumpy ride.
MALA:
Time to land?
PILOT:
Alright! There we go! Come on Giddy, we’re almost home.
MALA:
Your people… they made this?
PILOT:
Yeah. Don’t let her looks fool you. She hasn’t aged too well. Central control, this is Lieutenant James Stanton. Requesting permission to land.
CONTROL CENTRE:
Lieutenant Stanton. Nice of you to finally find your way back to us.
PILOT:
Just had myself some shore leave, that’s all.
CONTROL CENTRE:
You’re cleared for landing on Deck A. (LOUD CRASH HEARD)
Alert! Alert! We have depressurization on Deck C! Seal the hatches. Hull brief.
PILOT:
No, not again! Welcome to my world. Giddy, activate cockpit shield. Open the hatch. (EXITING COCKPIT) Hold on Mala. You have to stay here okay? It’s not safe.
MALA:
Jim, I didn’t come all this way to hide. I have to find my father.
PILOT:
I understand. I’ll take you to him I promise. For now, you have to trust me, I’ll be right back. Please try not to touch anything Mala. (EXIT)
GIDDY:
(EXIT)
MALA:
(SIGHS. CURTAIN)

SCENE
THE HUMAN SHIP. THE ARK. A GIGANTIC GYROSCOPE-LIKE VESSEL. MEDICAL ROOM.
DOCTOR:
How did you survive your crash?
PILOT:
After the ship went down, I woke up to find I’d been rescued and…
DOCTOR:
By whom?
PILOT:
A native.

Are the natives hostile?
PILOT:
No.

Do they have weapons?
PILOT:
Yes.

Advanced weapons?
PILOT:
No.
STEWART:
Hey Jim, I missed you bro.
PILOT:
Stewart.
STEWART:
I thought you were a goner.
PILOT:
Come on. It takes more than one rough landing to kill me.
STEWART:
Mom and dad would be really proud of you. You’re the man of the hour Jim. I mean, even General Hemmer wants to meet you.
PILOT:
Hemmer?
HEMMER:
(ENTER) I ask for action, they vote.
STEWART:
What can we expect from civilians sir.
HEMMER:
You’re a good soldier Jim and I understand, a war hero.
JIM:
Thank you Sir but I’m no war hero.
HEMMER:
At ease Lieutenant. You’re the first man to distinguish himself in this conflict. Congratulations. I’ve had my eye on you for awhile. James Stanton, 32nd Airborne. How many left in the 32nd?
JIM:
Eight Sir.
HEMMER:
One short of a baseball team. Let me guess. Oxygen leaks, faulty fuel lines. Engine failure? Tired of watching comrades die for nothing? We’ve come a long way, Terra is our prize. A jewel hanging in space. It has real water, not that chemical junk in the ground. God, I’d like to feel steady ground under my feet one day. Kids born on the Ark have never seen a blade of grass or heard a bird sing. (TO JIM) Have you met the enemy?
JIM:
I have encountered the native Terrians, yes, Sir.
HEMMER:
What are they like?
JIM:
They are an interesting species Sir. They’re peaceful and they’re intelligent. Their lives are filled with art and music.
HEMMER:
I meant, can they fight? They’re not going to hit us with paintings are they?
JIM:
I believe they can fight, Sir.
HEMMER:
Good. Then they’ll die with honour.
SOLDIER:
(ENTER)
HEMMER:
Report!
SOLDIER:
We have a Terrian floater in Section D, Sir.
JIM:
(MUMBLES TO HIMSELF) Mala.
HEMMER:
Capture it! (TO JIM) Here is your proof that the Terrians are a hostile, murderous species! (CURTAIN)

SCENE
COUNSEL HALL ON THE ARK.
HEMMER:
Twelve dead. A dozen human beings. One tarnished worn-out security seal way past its recall date and gone… twelve valuable productive lives. How much longer do we have to wait while this tomb crumbles around us? When will this council give me the authority to do what must be done?
PRESIDENT:
Your plan calls for nothing less than the conquest of Terra… an alien world, an occupied world.
HEMMER:
My plan Mr. President, is the only way to salvage our species. We are dying. We are the last relics of humanity. The future depends on us.
PRESIDENT:
We will have no future if we repeat the mistakes of the past.
HEMMER:
We have superior technology and firepower. Impenetrable defences. The mistake would be not to act.
PRESIDENT:
Your plan’s under consideration General. We will vote on it.
HEMMER:
Vote! The lines have been drawn. We are humans, they are alien. Do not take sides against your own species.
PRESIDENT:
General, our species has other options. We need time to explore, to think, before we rush headlong into…
HEMMER:
We have no more time. I have waited patiently for this council to act but our people are tired of dying in the rotting hull of this ark! Therefore I am assuming command. The Council is hereby dissolved.
PRESIDENT:
You do not have the authority, General!
HEMMER:
If I sin, let future generations judge me. Mark this, only thanks to me will there be any future generations.
SOLDIERS:
(ENTER IN 4X2 FORMATION WITH GUNS. EXIT COUNCIL MEMBERS WITH SOLDIERS AND HEMMER)
STEWART:
Hey Jim, where are you going, man?
JIM:
This is wrong.
STEWART:
Wrong? General Hemmer says…
JIM:
How can you follow him?
STEWART:
We’re soldiers. I obey my commanding officer.
JIM:
We obey the Council.
HEMMER:
(ENTER WITH FOUR GUARDS) Lieutenant Stanton, I would like you to join the attack force.
JIM:
Respectfully Sir, I refuse.
HEMMER:
You’re our only war hero. It’s your duty to lead the way.
JIM:
I lived with the Terrians, Sir. They’re more like us than you can imagine.
HEMMER:
Would it change your decision if I told you we only have air on the ark for another two months? This is mankind’s last hope… the Terraformer. Currently it provides sufficient oxygen for the Ark. Once routed in Terra’s surface, it will convert the planet to breathable air within seven days. Seven days, Jim. Very Biblical don’t you think? The Ark will have residual air left for several more weeks, but within that time frame, we will have won ourselves a planet.
JIM:
What about the Terrians? There’s got to be another way.
HEMMER:
There isn’t. Us or them!
JIM:
(ASIDE TO GIDDY) Giddy, save Mala.
GIDDY:
Confirm order.
JIM:
Save Mala.
GIDDY:
(EXIT. CURTAIN)

SCENE
JIM’S COCKPIT.
GIDDY:
Mala hurry.
MALA:
Giddy…
GIDDY:
Mala, use the control stick. Fire missiles… now!
MALA:
Incoming missiles!
GIDDY:
Mala stay calm.
MALA:
We’re falling too fast.
GIDDY:
Prepare to eject. Mala grab onto my tail. It’ll be a small crash landing.
MALA:
Oh no! (CURTAIN)

SCENE
TERRIAN AIR BASE. AN ANCIENT RUINED TERRANIAN CITY. ROOM FULL OF SLEEK METAL WARSHIPS AND ADVANCED LASER WEAPONS
MALA:
(OPENING HER EYES)
SENN:
Hey. About time you joined us. Although now that you are awake I really don’t know what to say. I never should have told Doron about the invader. Mala, you’re my best friend and I should have trusted you. I’m sorry.
MALA:
I’m sorry too. Where’s Giddy?
DORON:
The creature you were with? He’s being held captive by the elders.
MALA:
I have to save him.
SENN:
I’m afraid I can’t allow that. He’s a tool of the enemy. I can’t release him but I can take you to him.
MALA:
What is this place?
ORIN:
(ENTER WITH FOUR GUARDS) Our past and possibly our future.
MALA:
Warships?
ORIN:
We came close to destroying ourselves once. A small group of survivors formed the eldership. They vowed to keep the past a secret and build a peaceful future. But even gentle beings must defend themselves when attacked. We’ve been watching the new comers but we know nothing of their plans or intentions. You’re the only one who has been inside and returned.
MALA:
No, I’m not the only one. (LOOKING AROUND)
ORIN:
Please, help.
MALA:
Giddy!
GIDDY:
(WHEELED IN IN A CAGE, FOLLOWED BY A SCIENTIST AND TWO GUARDS) Honestly!
MALA:
What are you doing to him?
SCIENTIST:
We must dissect it to see how it works.
MALA:
Oh dear! He’s my friend, he saved my life.
GIDDY:
Actually Lieutenant Stanton saved your life. He ordered me to protect you.
MALA:
Jim?
GIDDY:
(BEING PRODDED BY THE SCIENTIST) I must say this is not very pleasant.
MALA:
Leave him alone!
ORIN:
We need information on the enemy’s strength and numbers. This machine might hold the answers.
MALA:
So ask him, don’t torture him. (TO GIDDY) Will you help us?
GIDDY:
I cannot. Earth Force created me.
MALA:
Jim commanded you to protect me. Will you disobey his orders?
GIDDY:
Negative.
MALA:
If Earth Force invades, they’ll destroy all life on this world, including me.
GIDDY:
Affirmative.
MALA:
So the only way to protect me is to help us defeat Earth Force.
GIDDY:
Well, if… Mala, I… Lieutenant Stanton… your logic is tricky, difficult to compute. (LONG PAUSE) I will protect you. (CURTAIN)

SCENE
THE ARK. A GIGANTIC GYROSCOPE-LIKE VESSEL.
STEWART:
Hey Jim, look I’m sorry about what happened with your craft but Hemmer said…
JIM:
How can you defend him?
STEWART:
He says it is our only way.
HEMMER:
(ENTER WITH FOUR GUARDS)
JIM:
Sir. My apologies, Sir. I believe the Terrian must have reprogrammed my robot during my captivity.
HEMMER:
Like you said, interesting species. Full of surprises. We’ve got a few surprises up our sleeve, too. You’re on the terraforming campaign, Lieutenant. That’s an order.
JIM:
Sir!
HEMMER:
(EXIT WITH GUARDS)
STEWART:
I don’t know what happened to you on Terra, but this is war. I’d feel a lot better knowing you had my back.
JIM:
I’ve always looked out for you, kid. I always will. Question is, will Hemmer? (CURTAIN)

SCENE
TERRIAN AIR BASE. AN ANCIENT RUINED TERRANIAN CITY. ROOM FULL OF SLEEK METAL WARSHIPS AND ADVANCED LASER WEAPONS
GIDDY:
The aliens breathe something called oxygen, so your atmosphere is poisonous to them. You must strike early while you…
… And that’s where the Terraformer will land. The formation of oxygen can spread more rapidly to the native population centres, neutralising them. Air filters here and here can alter your atmosphere into oxygen before you have a chance to strike the Terraformer.
You must engage and destroy the Terraformer and their aerial attack force.
GUARD:
(ENTER) They have launched the Terraformer.
ORIN:
(ENTER. EVERYONE GATHERS AROUND) Brothers and Sisters, we are engaged in a struggle for survival. Not only our own, but for our world. Every living being on our planet depends on us. If we fail, we fail them too. I believe… I must believe that in our darkest hour, the very qualities that made us great will make us strong… that love and mercy can triumph over hate and violence once more. Concentrate your forces on destroying that machine. (ORIN AND SOLDIERS EXIT)
SENN:
Are you ready?
MALA:
No not really. (CURTAIN)

SCENE
COUNSEL HALL ON THE ARK. ADDRESING THE SOLDIERS
HEMMER:
Men and women of Earth Force, you hold the future of our species in your hands. Your actions over the next few hours will either win ourselves a new home or doom us to extinction. Be loyal, be brave. Remember who you are and what you are fighting for… Terra!
JIM:
Hey take care of yourself up there.
STEWART
You too, Jim! (CURTAIN)

SCENE
THE TERRA FORMER. STANDING TALL AND STRONG. FIERCE FIGHTING IN THE AIR WITH CASUALTIES ON BOTH SIDES.                
PILOT:
Return fire! Hostiles from above.
STEWART
Jim where are you?
JIM:
Hold on Stewart, I’m almost there.
JIM:
The Terrians are flying new ships with more powerful weapons.
PILOT:
No one said we wouldn’t suffer casualties, Lieutenant. Any soldier that dies today will live on in history. Press on!
MALA:
Closing in on the target. Closing. Closing. It’s a trap! There’s too many, I need backup! They’re coming straight at me. Help! I need help! I need backup!
SENN:
Brace yourself, I’m returning fire! Follow me!
PILOT:
Gunfighters approaching on your left Jim. Jim are you ok?
JIM:
Yeah I’m fine, just a scrape.
SENN:
Mala watch out! I can’t shake them.
MALA:
Hold on, Senn. I’ll be right there. No! Senn!
SENN:
Mala don’t worry I’m right behind you.
MALA:
Enemy fighter on my tail, I need backup.
SENN:
Hang tight I’m on my way.
JIM:
Oxygen production up to nine percent. Minor damages on filters G through M. (TO CONTROL CENTRE) Sir, production of oxygen at an advanced rate could be risky.
STEWART:
(TO CONTROL CENTRE) Sir, we’re decimating the Terrian resistance.
HEMMER:
(CONTROL CENTRE) Good. We’re doing it. Production is at maximum, let’s finish this.
MALA:
I’ve got a clean shot.
SENN:
That’s it! You’re damaging it!
JIM:
In 12 minutes, the chain reaction will be irreversible. Hang in there beautiful. Lock and load people it’s crunch time.
(SEES MALA) Hang in their Mala, I got this one.
STEWART:
Jim what are you doing? Just shoot. I can’t hold on much longer! Shoot!
MALA:
(SEES JIM) You? Oh no! No! no!
JIM:
Five minutes until completion of campaign. I see an opening, I’m going in.
(SALUTES MALA)
STEWART:
What are you doing Jim? Wait! Wait wait wait! Jim!
SENN:
Incoming Mala, but it’s one of theirs!
SENN:
Pull away. Pull away!
JIM:
(CRASHES ONTO THE TERRA FORMER. DESTROYING IT. CURTAIN)

SCENE
AIR BASE
ORIN:
Congratulations Mala. Good job.
ELDER:
You did well Mala, very well.
MALA:
It wasn’t me. He saved us. He saved us all. Now they have no food, no water and no air! There’s nothing for them to do but just wait for the end.
ORIN:
Never lose hope Mala, there are always alternatives. There is always a plan C. (CURTAIN)

SCENE
LARGE CRUDE DOME ERECTED OVER THE ANCIENT CITY. OXYGEN PLANTS GROWING EVERYWHERE. LARGE GOLD STATUE OF JIM STANDING UNDER CONSTRUCTION. ENTER MALA IN HER GLIDER. CIRCLES AROUND THE STATUE AND EXITS. HUMANS AND TERRIANS WORKING TOGETHER TO SURVIVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment